As we all know, COVID-19 and its effects have impacted everyone. At One Generation Camp, we are keeping a close eye on recommendations and changes as we all go through this. We are following all COVID guidelines as recommended by the Contra Costa Health Department and the Center for Disease Control. These include the following:
- Children will remain in the same stable group for 3 weeks with the same staff.
- Handwashing is required before entering camp, before eating any meals, before leaving at the end of the day and at various times as needed throughout the day.
- Temperatures for staff and campers will be checked daily with a no-touch thermometer.
- No sharing of food.
- Picnic tables in Tilden Park will not be utilized due to Tilden's current regulations.
- Any child or staff member showing symptoms will be separated and sent home immediately.
- Specialized teachers will do their best to maintain a minimum of 6 feet when teaching the arts and wear a mask.
- As we are based outside, there is amble space for the children to space themselves. Although we will encourage space, bear in mind that children will still want to be near each other.
Please note that recommendations can change at any time. We are doing our best to stay informed so we can continue to implement best practices throughout camp.
For the most up-to-date news, feel free to sign up for our email list for our periodic updates and of course you are always welcome to reach out with questions. In the meantime, take care out there and be safe!